Thursday, October 8, 2015

Beginner Choreography

Shitty week inside my brain. Fuck depression. Fuck anxiety. Fuck that negatron voice in my head determined to keep me miserable.

I was able to get outside and do a hoop session yesterday. With all this rain, it had been over a week since a proper one. I'm not counting working on booty bumping and hip hooping inside. My ceilings are too low to really get my hoop on with off body tricks.

After, I felt tons better. Oh hello endorphins, nice to see you again. Wish you'd visit me more often considering I exercise 30+ minutes, 5 days a week. And that light feeling has carried through to this morning. I'm seriously debating skipping derby tonight and just getting my hoop on again. Tough one...

Here's a little video of what I was working on. I tried my hand at a bit of choreography. Some is blatantly stolen from hooplovers.tv, but I don't think she minds. It's basically a mash up of just about every trick I know. And this was after an hour learning it. I'm tired and clunky, but I had fun, and I'd say it's pretty impressive skills considering I started learning two months ago. And I burned 486 calories with an average heart rate of 125bpm. Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment