Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Coaching

I get tired of coaches who lose patience with their students. Do you think I'm doing it wrong on purpose? Yesterday, at dance class, I was struggling with the Canasta Tango, that quick progressive into chasse. Apparently, I'm leaning too much into the circle. He says, lean outside the circle and demonstrates. Whoa. umm, ok, I'll try. But I can't do it right. About three times during the lesson, I hear him say, "you're still leaning into the circle which I keep telling you not to do."

Enough already. Coaches say they hate it when students say they can't do something. Well guess what? I can't do it. Yet. OK, so the "yet" is implied. I try to add it when I say it, but it's true. I can't do it yet. Your frustrated remarks about how you keep telling me one thing is NOT helping. Got it?

No comments:

Post a Comment