Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ice Dance 1

I've officially passed Ice Dance 1. Whatevs. I'm not terribly concerned with patches, although I thought it was cute that the patches for girls are pink and blue for boys. I may be feminist, but I still love pink. Coach said I'm close to passing Dance 2.

But I don't think I'll take this class again. The rink gave us such a small space. Honestly, it's ridiculous. We had one hockey circle. Imagine trying to do the Dutch Waltz in that small space. Coach basically kept saying, don't push.

Then he had me try part B of Dance 2. This needed to be fast to cover 4 of them on the entire circle. I joked, now I get to push?

I do, however, see more private lessons in my future. Perhaps someday dancing with him in a dance hold, but let's not get too excited. I'm going shopping today for some stretchy headbands. I'm hoping that will cut down on the sweat dripping down my face. It's so embarrassing. And if one more person points out I'm sweating, I'm gonna cut them with my skate blade. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on passing nontheless! Is this at the old rink? Will you take private lessons with him or someone else?

    Let me know if I can knit a headband or hat of some sort for you!

    ReplyDelete