Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Nothing

I'm used to bad sessions. I can usually tell myself a bad session is better than no session. But the last few sessions, NOTHING, and I mean nothing, has gone right. Those alternating outside 3's that were almost perfect...nope. It's like they've vanished. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but that back inside edge, I just cannot check it properly. I swing the circle too small and can't step out for the choctaw. I've tried going back to just working on single outside 3's on a hockey circle. I can't keep my edge on the tracing. I'm trying so hard, but I can't keep my arm in front, I can't keep my hip from dropping. I've tried. And then my back 3's, although the scraping is almost gone, are still too swingy, and I can't control it.

And getting to this other rink 3x a week is rough. No weekend sessions, so I'm trying to do it on weekdays and work later on other days to make up the hours. I can't keep this up. I'm going to have to skate on Sundays and only go twice during the week. But there aren't any freestyles. I'll have to go to a public session. ugh. I hate those. Crowded. Bratty hockey boys. Unstable little girls coming into the middle. I'll try it Sunday. I guess if it's awful, I'll only be able to skate twice a week until they bring back weekend freestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I took figure skating lessons when I was in my 20s. Fell and hit my head while trying to do one of those jumps...and decided it wasn't for me! I'd made it all the way to the advanced class and the next step was to get a private coach and...compete? I knew I'd probably never be good enough to do that!

    ReplyDelete