Thursday, October 3, 2013

Posh Rink

Bit the bullet today and ventured way the heck across town to the posh rink for freestyle. My rink has unapologetically slashed their freestyle schedule. And no amount of complaining from me is changing anything. In fact, they've restricted it even more for even more hockey practice. *grumble*

But good news! My understanding of how their stickers and sticker books worked was incorrect. I knew a walkon was $15 per 30-minute session. So an hour was going to be 30 bucks. Ouch. I was told (and still have the email) that a block of 10 stickers was $120, which made an hour = $24. Still kind of ouch compared to my rink's cost of $10. Except I thought if I bought a pack of stickers, I had to reserve my spot in advance. My highschool rink worked like this. You bought X-number of stickers PER MONTH and reserved your spots in advance. If you couldn't make your session, your only option for a refund was to find another skater to take your place and pay you for the ice time. Otherwise, you were SOL.

This rink doesn't work like that. It's essentially walk on with your stickers. But a pack of 10 is only $75. That's half the price I was thinking. Still more expensive than my rink and nearly twice the distance driving, but it's worth it. They have a HUGE freestyle schedule with lots of time available.

Yay! And I was sharing the ice with Paul Wylie today. Can you beat that?

1 comment:

  1. Everything about this is exciting! Yay for freestyle time! Sorry old rink went jock-brain :-(

    ReplyDelete