Friday, September 20, 2013

Forward Inside, Back Outside Threes

Finally took some more video of myself skating. Working on that FIBO 3-turn pattern. It's tough. My consolation is I don't look as awkward as I feel. But my back 3's need a lot of practice.

First up, my good side on the FI and bad side on the BO. (RFI-LBO)
By good side, I mean it feels less awkward. And by bad side, I lose my balance a bit and have to put my foot down. A lot. Maybe if I really exaggerate the knee bend after the turn, it'll be easier. See, this is why I like video of myself. It reassures me in some areas and helps me critique in others. 


Next up, my bad side on the FI and good side on the BO. (LFI-RBO)
But I struggle to control that forward edge on this BO turn. It's swingy. I know I should hold my left arm in front, but I just can't. The force pulls it around. I'll keep trying.
(funny, they both look about equal...equally bad or equally good, depending on how pessimistic I'm feeling at the moment)


oh, and a bonus...my dutch waltz. I go off camera a bit, so I cropped that out, but I got most of the ice within view. (I'm the one coming into view at the far right...)

No comments:

Post a Comment