Thursday, September 19, 2013

Squeaky Wheel

...gets oiled. Or something.

I just sent an email to the customer service director of my rink. Since school started, they have slashed freestyle. It's as if they're catering to the young kids in school, but even then, it's a very limited schedule (short afternoon session right when school lets out). My beautiful Sunday sessions are gone for the rest of the year. The only weekend sessions left are those stinking early Saturday morning, where all the young kids and synchro girls skate. No thanks.

They've also axed the Monday and Tuesday mornings. Leaving me with only 3 options: Wed, Thu, Fri. My goal is to skate at least 3x a week, maybe 4. With this schedule, I would have to go 3 days in a row, then not skate for 4 WHOLE DAYS. That's just unacceptable.

It's not so bad right now because I have my ice dancing class on Tuesdays over at the posh rink, so I can space my skating out a little by going Wed and Fri. But there are only 3 classes left. I'm really not looking forward to being so limited.

Hopefully my email will be well received, and they can do something about it. There are so many holes in the schedule, times where I think the rink is open, that it makes no sense to have nothing on the calendar. And taking away weekend sessions is like killing the adult skater. We work, kids don't. Most adults need weekend ice time or forget getting any skating in.

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment