Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Update on last post

My rink may have lackluster freestyle and an online schedule that doesn't provide a whole lot of detail, but they have great staff. I skated Sunday as usual. Signed in for the walkon. Again this morning, and the guy (who knows me by name) told me he never charged me for Sunday. To make up for the public session last Thursday. I'm so impressed.

And also relieved. I looked into the other rink freestyle costs. Holy shit! At my rink, I pay a flat rate of $10 for the entire session (usually freestyles are 1.5 or 2 hours). So if I skate 10 minutes or an hour or the entire session, it's 10 bucks.

At the other rink? The walkon rate is $15 for 30 minutes. Basic math means that's 30 bucks an hour. I maintain...holy shit! You can buy stickers and reserve your spot in advance for $12 a half hour session, or $24/hour. But don't show, and you're out of luck. Not to mention, this rink is an additional 20 mins drive from my house (50 mins total).

I think I'll stick with my rink, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment