Thursday, August 8, 2013

Unreliable Schedule

Furious. First, most of the freestyles have been cancelled this week. I assume because of this synchro team camp. But hockey appears untouched. Heaven forbid we inconvenience the hockey players.

My attempt to go to the public session this afternoon ended up in extreme frustration. They coned off half the ice for the synchro team. But was there ANY mention of this on the public session calendar or daily rink schedule online? Nope. Pay full price, expecting full ice, get half, thus rendering the session to feel twice as crowded. The middle became nonexistent.

The guy at the front is nice, knows me by name, and did give me a refund. But I drive an hour round trip to get to the rink, not to mention gas. If there had been mention of this on the schedule, I would have saved myself the trouble.

I just sent off a complaint, politely worded, to the customer service manager. I don't know what I expect. The most I'll probably get is an apology, which gets me a whole lot of nothing. But from now on, no more public sessions. Or I'll call ahead of time, which defeats the whole purpose of an online schedule.

grrr

1 comment: