Friday, August 16, 2013

4th Freestyle

Whee! Skating again today. That back outside 3, on my left leg...I finally got it! Broke it down again doing it two foot without moving, then very slowly, then building up speed. Moving onto one foot, struggled a bit. When I finally did it and held the forward edge, my mouth popped open wide. Audible gasp. I was so excited! I did a few others, a little inconsistent, but I did a few more. Then I tried the power 3 move. I struggled but eventually could hold a steady enough forward edge to then mohawk step back into position for the next back 3. I can't quite get these on the big hockey circle yet, but I'll get there. I was just so stinking excited to get it!

Oddly enough, I hold that forward edge stronger than the other leg, which is the "easy" leg. Go figure.

I wonder how long before I need to start learning back inside 3's? oy. Can I just bask in this excitement for a little while?

Scratch spins were not happening today. I was getting mighty frustrated until I remembered it's not good to keep trying something when it's just not clicking because you might reinforce what you're doing wrong. But back scratch was decent today. A few of them even looked like real spins on the ice, maybe 3-4 revolutions, centered...made a nice little image on the ice. I wish I'd had my camera to take a picture.

Today was my 4th practice this week. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment