Monday, August 5, 2013

Cancelled Freestyles

Fabulous practice yesterday. Got a scrip from my doc to help me sleep. And it worked wonders Sat night. Up and at the rink for roughly 75 minutes of skating. Too crowded to bother with the camera. At first, 12 skaters on the ice. Maybe I'm spoiled, but that's pretty crowded for this rink at this time. Plus a few coaches. I spent probably a third of the time trying to get out of other skaters' way. But by the last half hour, we were down to 3 skaters and 1 coach.

If only I could start seeing improvement on these back 3's. Pretty decent on the back right leg outside. It's counter clockwise. My right leg is the stronger leg. Once I figured out that I balance better by keeping my free leg close while going backward then pull it in front when going forward, it's pretty clean. But the other leg outside, forget it. I try to sit so deep in the turn, but I still come up on my toe pick and can't finish the turn. And forget the insides. I do the same thing, both legs, come up on my toe pick and can't finish. le sigh.

This week is some synchro team camp, thus cancelling my usual freestyle times. The team is for kids. boo. My rink really shafts the adult skater. Tomorrow, there is freestyle an hour earlier than usual. I suppose I could swing this, since it's not on a regular basis. Gotta hit the sack early tonight. And hope I sleep well. Thursday will likely be an afternoon public. I hate public sessions. But it beats the alternative...not skating.

No comments:

Post a Comment