Thursday, July 12, 2018

straddle on top

Fantastic lyra lesson today! Of course, both run throughs of warmup, I had to catch my foot on the pullover. Darnit. I'm still very miss with this hit or miss mount.

Then this gem. I requested to learn it. When she was demo'ing it, I admit, I had my doubts. I was like, wait, I take it back, I don't want to learn this. We ran through it twice, both times I got into straddle from standing. It's an easier way to get into it, just fine. With the idea to work up to getting into straddle without my feet on the lower bar. Getting out of it is also scary. When I did it, she said she even had some intermediate 2 students unable to do that on the first try.

When she asked at the end if I wanted any pictures or videos, I thought about this, but getting video would require doing it again. Kinda funny how that works, to get a video, I had to brave the move again. But this time, I got into straddle without standing. Wahoo! And all the praise from the best teacher. I've had lots of dance, skating coaches. This gal is by far the best, most patient, most supportive. She never makes me feel like I'm wasting her time or annoying her.

No comments:

Post a Comment