Monday, July 2, 2018

Silks, again

I'm back with cross-training silks. I've been three times in the last few weeks. It really is a fabulous aerials conditioning workout. I don't have any aspirations of looking graceful up there. But I hope it helps with lyra. I am seeing progress with ball, less jumping, more control. I can finally hold my straddle (I mean, jumping up into it, spiderman pose, squeeze thighs together until I'm sure I have it, then spread 'em). Of course, now my teacher wants me to focus on stack. I'm not sure I'll ever get a good stack. I just feel there's too much body in my boobage/tummy area for my arms to properly pull and stack. I'd need too much bend at the elbows, which requires even more strength than straight arm. Show me a plus size aerialist doing a proper stacked straddle, and maybe I'll think differently.
But I can finally do a single foot lock from the air. This was elusive for so long because you have to hang on from each silks, without a wrist wrap. Thus my grip is extra tight and needs to be super strong. I didn't have the strength until now. It's not graceful. But I was able to do the full single foot lock series from a single foot lock in the air, so I'm higher up. And considering I haven't done this since Feb 1, I'd say not too shabby.
And then a basic foot lock from the air into my favorite simple pose.

Intermediate lyra classes start soon. I've been promoted, but I still don't believe I should have been. I plan to continue training silks, maybe on the weeks I don't have a private lesson for lyra.

No comments:

Post a Comment