Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Flag

Again, not much was going well for me at lyra last night. Performance prep took the hoop I was planning to use, my favorite. So I was left with a much higher, much bigger hoop (38"). I have short limbs, which makes the 38" awkward. And I found out another student I know promoted. Every student I know or have been friendly with has promoted in a year or less. I guess aerials IS easy. I'm just the dud for whom it's hard.

One thing went a bit well. Flag. I've seen this move done differently online with an overhand grip, but this is how my studio teaches it and thus, this is how I practice it. It's the first time I've been able to drop without touching the ground. A few more successful tries with the low hoop, and I'll be ready to try this on a regular hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment