Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Night of Firsts

Happy Mardi Gras! I went to lyra class. Terrible of me to say, but it's nice not being among the worst in class anymore. I get grouped up with the best. There were two official intermediate students in class.

Lots of firsts last night. Got to try "baby" skin the cats. This is difficult to describe. Imagine hanging upside down in pike position and bringing your feet to the floor. So you end up in a sort of reverse shoulder hold. I'm super sore today in my shoulders, probably because of that.

I'm also bruised all along my inner thighs. From vine climb. I had that flexibility breakthrough on Saturday. Last night, we took it a step further and did a kind of roll over the hoop. Gotta watch out for your lady bits here. Yowzas!


Yet another first, gazelle to the top. The double tabbed hoop swings like crazy. Just look! It swings in both directions. I don't yet know how to stop/minimize that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment