Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Get Strong or Die Trying

It's time to step up my aerial training. My studio hosts an aerial festival every April, with lots of workshops in aerials, acrobatics, flexibility. I've missed the last two years because the workshops selected were beyond my skill level. (Well, the workshops that interested me, anyway.)

Next year (2020) is very different. There's a beginner hammock workshop. I'm dying to train hammock. But the classes my studio currently offers are beyond my skill level (they require an inversion from the air). But a beginner workshop? That's my jam.

Also, there's a lyra spinning workshop. I love spinning. I love transitioning between moves while spinning. So this is right up my alley.

Here's the catch. These workshops are hosted over three days, Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Three days in a row of aerial classes. Not only that, but I want to take TWO workshops. So, back to back aerial classes, three days in a row? I'm not sure my body is conditioned for that.

It's time to work on it. This past Sunday, I took my usual lyra intermediate class. Followed by silks. Oy. It was ROUGH. But I hung in there, I was quite proud of myself. I thought I'd bail after the main conditioning portion of class, but I didn't. I may have only done four of the six straddle inversions. Shh, don't tell the teacher. But I did all my other reps. 

In addition to once a week double classes training, I want to start training three classes over three days. I tried it once a few weeks ago. By that third day, I was pooped. Back to it. I'll give myself a rest day or two after Sunday double classes, then do a single class but three days in a row.

I'm gonna get so strong or die trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment