Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Calorie Burns

Derby last night was a TOUGH one. We had a guest trainer, yay! Worked our asses off. Obstacle courses, weaving, lateral movements, hip checking, booty blocking. I was so burnt out, I pretty much couldn't hang with the last drill. They were going to do a race. I said I would sit out. They did backward skating instead and told me to join when I could. I felt bad about that. I always feel bad when I hold people back due to my lack of endurance. At the end, the trainer high fived me and said I really hung in there. And then she mentioned the last time she was a guest trainer in the spring, how much I struggled. It wasn't fun being reminded of that, but I guess any improvement noticed is a good thing.

Burned nearly 1100 calories. Boom.

Today, the rain just won't quit. So no proper hoop flow. My ceilings are not tall enough. Instead, I worked on hip hooping and booty bumping inside. Also trying to get better at simple waist hooping with my feet close together, throwing in some 360 turns without stumbling. I knew I was really working hard by how winded I was the whole time. Ended up burning 409 calories in 36 minutes. Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment