Thursday, October 3, 2019

Scary Thing!

It is October, after all.

Intermediate lyra classes are going....great! Some of it is very tough. I still can't do some things. But overall, I'm proud of myself for sticking with it, this time.

There have even been a few new moves for me, that I never learned in my years in private track. This one in particular scared me. I usually go to class twice a week, so I tried this on Sunday. On a low hoop. But it was a bit too small for the move. 35" diameter is just too small for my body.

I knew last night, I was going to have to attempt this on the bigger 38" hoop that was mounted much higher. The air is different up there, the same move is much more scary.

But I did it! This is from my second attempt. My first attempt, I was super terrified, heart pounding. I think the teacher kept her hand on the hoop the whole time to stabilize it for me. The second time, it was less so, which gave me confidence. I just need to keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment