Thursday, December 24, 2015

Vertical Hooping

A breakthrough! I finally had my aha moment with it. Chest and shoulder hooping are still a hot mess. I thought I was getting chest hooping until I took a video. My boobs are too big. It creates a slant, going up at an angle when it hits my chest, then down at an angle behind me. It needs to be a nice, flat spin. And shoulder hooping is getting better if I pivot in a circle, cannot do it standing in place.

But vertical hooping, I finally figured out how to bounce in my knees in order to get my body to push the hoop around. Can actually feel the points of contact giving the hoop momentum to keep spinning. After a good, long while, it starts to get out of alignment, like on my right side, it drops, and starts to bump my right knee. Need to figure out how to keep it in its plane.

Maybe over the holidays, I'll take some video...

No comments:

Post a Comment